Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 - First Sunday Update

This is the first Sunday of 2013, and I think it would be a good habit to do blog updates each Sunday evening.  Here's what I've been up to stitchwise this past week.

I started HAED's Foregone by Marta Dahlig at midnight on New Year's Eve and worked on that this weekend as well.  Here's a picture of my progress so far with about 1800 stitches in.  This section is all dark colors, including black, dark brown, and deep plum.

HAED's Foregone by Marta Dahlig - first 1800 stitches

I've also been trying to select a framer for Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D that I finished on December 30th.  The first quote threw me into sticker shock, but I've come to realize that if I want such a large piece framed really nicely by someone who knows how to handle cross stitch, it's going to be expensive.  I now have two quotes I'm consdering and hoping to hear from one other source before making a final selection.  Here's the piece in question, which has a stitched area about 28" x 22".

Gigi R's Belles Lettres D - Waiting for Framing

I did receive the first page of the HAED BB Freebie SAL QS The Literate Dragon by Randal Spangler, but I have my rotation full for January and will probably start that sometime next month.  I'm really enjoying stitching Foregone, so I want to continue work on her, as well as HAED's Angel with Iris by Nadia Strelkina.  In addition, I will probably finish beading Mirabilia's Midsummer Night's Fairy and start Wisteria by The Silver Lining this month.  Those four will certainly keep me busy!

HAED QS The Literate Dragon by Randal Spangler - Probably a February New Start
HAED Angel with Iris by Nadia Strelkina - WIP
Wisteria by The Silver Lining - January New Start
Mirabilia's Midsummer Night's Fairy - Awaiting Her Final Beading

11 comments:

  1. You have lots of beautiful stitching ahead of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your projects. You are braver than me..I have to bead as I go. I am always afraid I will miss a bead or stitch if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely start on Foregone. Lots of really beautiful WIPs. I'm doing Literate Dragon as well for the SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foregone looks great Theresa! Can't wait to see your Spangler started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foregone looks awesome. You choose amazing projects to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Theresa,
    First of all a happy New Year to you and your family!
    You're full of plans and projects so I'm curious to see your future blog posts! Enjoy!
    Kind greetings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Theresa. You have some beautiful projects. I love the dragon.
    I have to ask - All that floss hanging down on the Angel - how do you keep it from becoming a tangled mess? Scares the heck out of me just looking at it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgeous projects! I'm sure your sampler will look fantastic in the frame. Can't wait to see the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all gorgeous projects. I know the price is crazy I expect a couple of hundred dollars every time. But I know they will do a good job.

    ReplyDelete