Friday, November 23, 2012

New Starts Coming!

Well, the Thanksgiving feast is over, and it's time to look forward to the December Holidays and New Year, which generally includes new starts for many stitchers.  Before I settle down to an afternoon of stitching, I thought I'd post some new starts I have planned myself.

First, the OneOverOners Yahoo Group is running a series of Designer Appreciation Events.  December and January features the work of Marc Saastad aka The Silver Lining http://www.thesilverliningonline.com/  One of the women in the group ran a giveaway this week, and I won the chart for Wisteria.  Once I receive the chart, I'll get the threads and start stitching it on 28 count black Jobelan, already in my stash.

Wisteria by Marc Saastad
I was gifted Mirabilia's Sleeping Beauty over 10 years ago by the designer, but never seemed to find the fabric that "called to me" for stitching it.  A couple of small dyers were having sales this weekend, and I finally found the fabric I'd been waiting for at Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie, whose website is:  http://www.stephsfabbys.com  The fabric I ordered is 32 count opalescent linen in Sunset, and I'll plan to start this sometime in 2013.  Here's a mock-up I put together on that fabric:

Mirabilia's Sleeping Beauty on Stephy's Sunset
The Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Bulletin Board is running a Freebie SAL for 2013 that I have joined.   To join, you must have been a member before sign-ups began last week, and the board is closed until that process is completed in early December.  Participants receive the chart of their choice from five QS and one SK designs, distributed in parts during 2013 following a schedule yet to be posted.  Those who complete certain milestones can receive one or more of the other charts offered after the SAL is finished next December.  All those who complete their piece are also entered into a drawing for a free HAED chart of their choice.  So far 291 stitchers have joined, and sign-ups are still open through December 2nd.  Of those, 114 have chosen Randal Spangler's QS The Literate Dragon, including me.  I'll be stitching this one 2x2 on 32count Belfast Linen from my stash.

HAED QS The Literate Dragon by Randal Spangler
Finally, I've already posted that I'll be starting HAED's Flight of the Lynx by Josephine Wall on New Year's Day.  This will do double duty for SALs in The Stash, Stitch and Honking Raketeers Club and the HAED Josephine Wall Cross Stitch Group, both on Facebook.  I'll be stitching that one 1x1 on 25 count fabric, though I'm still deciding which fabric I'll use.

HAED Flight of the Lynx by Josephine Wall
There are other charts in my stash waiting to be stitched, but adding these to my WIPs, I think my frames and Q-Snaps are pretty much committed for a while.  I really hope to have at least one finish next year!

7 comments:

  1. Teresa your needles are going to be very busy. Sleeping Beauty is an extra special design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great new designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought I was bad with all my starts. Thank god I am in good company. Way to go Theresa. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great designs and I can't wait to see them started =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also picked that HAED QS for the new SAL. It is so cute.

      Delete
  5. You're going to have another beautiful stitchy year! Thanks for explaining the HAED BB SAL. I've seen it mentioned on other blogs but never knew how it worked. How nice that you can stitch on one chart for two different Facebook groups! Your Sleeping Beauty will be so beautiful on the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric you have chosen for seeing beauty looks fab! Great choices of new starts altogether. .

    ReplyDelete